8.25.2008

In spite of my efforts to go to bed at hours more suited to the reality that, beginning next week, I will have to be up at 6:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm not doing a particularly good job of falling asleep--my mind tends to race, sometimes for hours. Hopefully a strategically deployed combination of zazen and Xanax will start to address that. I'm going to try to sit some evenings, too, since I won't have time on the mornings that I teach.

But see, that last sentence was just the problem--I need to be more careful about how I relate to the future, to reserve my limited energy for what can be done in the present. And that's what I'm focusing on today--dealing with the present as I find it, not as I want it to be nor how I think it will be next week or next month.

And I may have to break down and buy an umbrella while I'm at it.

No comments: