4.03.2008

Minor (or not) notes

* There are days when I actually kind of like teaching composition. Maybe it's just teaching in general. But for some reason, there is a satisfaction in doing some of these things.

* My students remain awesome. Sadly, they made the teaching schedule for the fall without anyone actually asking us what our preferences were, so I don't think I get to have any of them in the next part of the course. Also, the thought of teaching a third straight semester of this section is kind of meh. Still haven't heard from Other College if they're going to hire me or not.

* Petty blog-related drama aside, I am significantly happier than I was a year ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well . . .
how about writing about certain kinds of sex without necessarily having it? This is my plan for writing smutty fiction set in the victorian era in order to entertain myself during these hard dissertation months. if it's formulaic enough could one get away with it? I know this isn't really an important feminist issue but it may be important to my new goal to write a potboiler involving spanking scenes in 19th c. brothels or whatever . . .
--"frostflowers"