4.01.2008

What Claudia Wore

My lovely friend M has turned me on to what might be the best blog ever.

I did actually get a decent amount of work done today on prep, Coleridge, the conference paper, and Gaskell. Also went to Target and finally bought some decent curtains. They improve the look of the place immensely. And I made a special trip to Teaching College to use the gym. This would be more virtuous if I wasn't trying to make up for eating a bunch of processed crap, as it is easy to do when working from home.

Hopefully, I will be able to keep up this pace through Thursday. I would definitely like to be able to send out versions of that damn paper to a few people by tomorrow night.

I redacted a few things around here in a fit of what is hopefully unfounded paranoia. I think I'm more than a little bit nervous because of the home invasion / sharing dreams I've been having lately.

Also, I think it would be fun to revive the word "coxcomb" as a synonym for "douchebag," which is a word I've never liked (even if there are occasionally times when it seems apropos). Perhaps I will simply start to make the switch on this blog, and my five readers can spread the meme.

No comments: