2.18.2008

New mantra

I know that I'm living out a certain script right now and that my ability to change the plot entirely simply may not be in my control right now. But I'm going to try, to the best of my admittedly depleted strength, to fight it where I can. To follow the advice of the Lawyer and get rid of the timesucking people in my life--and, more so, to be honest with myself about who those people are. Starting with people like K.

In that spirit, I quote Bob Dylan: "The things you have the hardest time parting with are the things you need the least." I have taped this over my desk.

More on this later; I didn't sleep well after last night's incidents and could use a nap before dinner and the evening's work.

I was getting back into the Tennyson groove today and came across twenty-two pages of notes that I prepared when I was working on the abstract for this paper. To give you an index of how traumatic October and November were: I have absolutely no recollection of writing them out. None.

No comments: