2.18.2008

Well, that's going to keep me up for awhile.

Someone just rang the buzzer for my apartment. It's 1:20 in the morning and I just about jumped out of my skin. I can't imagine anyone really needing to see me in my own home, unannounced, at 1:20 in the morning, so I'm staying put. It could just be a neighbor seeing the light and needing to get in, but I kind of don't even want to take that chance (you have to go downstairs to let someone in, and I only really know the names of the downstairs neighbors--who also have my phone number). I'll feel a bit bad if it does turn out to be someone living in the building, but really? I'm the single chick living alone and it's 1:20 in the morning.

I'm still shaking a bit, though.

Seriously, people. Dropping by is fine. But freaking call first.

1 comment:

post-doc said...

That was one of the scariest things for me when I lived in an apartment. Luckily, the front door was far away from my little studio, but it was still jarring and icky when it happened in the early morning hours.

Oh, and hello! I'm still reading to get caught up but soon I'll be all informed and ready for new posts.