2.14.2008

Reversal

...and then all of the sudden my inner Victorian is all like, "dude, you have a shitload of stuff to do in the next couple of days, stop worrying about boys who abandoned you, you do not have time for this, etc." The inner Victorian is right. And sometimes it's that easy to snap out of it.

I have been getting better about going to the gym at Teaching College when I get too frustrated in the school library. I fantasize about having one campus where the library, my department, my teaching cubicle, and the gym are all kinda in the same place.

The initial panic was brought on by realizing that I'm already a bit behind on prep and that substantial portions of the next two weekends are going to be taken up with draft reading and grading. If I do 10 per day on Saturday / Sunday, that's three hours a day (I use a timer), which is doable, but I'd rather have one day to read drafts than five.

The sound of the radiator is bound to drive me crazy.

Also: Happy fucking Valentine's day. Well, maybe "fucking" is the wrong adjective here.

No comments: