3.31.2008

Monday Morning Dream Analysis

I have dreams probably twice a week in which random people are in my apartment or tring to get in, whether for benign or more evil purposes. Sometimes the door gets broken down. Other times they are just here. Occasionally I know the people. More than often I don't. I'm pretty sure my old landlady from Astoria made an appearance in last night's dreams. I can't tell if I'm lonely or just still can't believe that I live by myself after so long with others.

The dream that woke me up at 4:28 this morning involved another favorite theme: Wisconsin. (Although this "Wisconsin" house could have been in suburban Chicago--I do dream weird Chicago-and-suburbs-scapes every now and then as well.) I was in a guest bedroom with a bunch of framed family pictures on a side table. Somehow the door hit the table and a couple of the pictures fell off, breaking the glass. They were both pictures of me (one that looked a bit like my Facebook profile). I went into the kitchen to ask my parents whether it was bad luck to break frames with your own picture in them and woke up before they could give me an answer.

No comments: